Monday, February 4, 2013

Dockweiler, Ca.



Grains of salt tickle my nostrils
I breathe in and taste grit on my tongue
Frothy waves crash on the damp earth
Bringing life out of the sea and into the sand
In a never ending trip

The sun beating down on me
The heat sizzling my olive skin lobster red
My lips crack like the minerals beneath my toes
The thunderous roar of the waves sings to me
The aromas awaken my mind

The cool dank air filled with fumes
From the near by water treatment plant
The rotting seaweed and decomposing lives
Hints of death flow through the breeze
The distant aroma of life beneath the waves

In the horizon dolphins flash their bodies
In the sun as they dance out of the blue
Gulls gawk across the moist earth
Digging up little crabs and worms
As their treasure for the day

This is where two worlds collide
Earth greeting water every minute
In a tug-a-war like motion
Where human life interrupts that
Of the beauty beneath the water

No comments:

Post a Comment